Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Hunt is On!

Recently Josh and I have made the decision to look into buying a house. I mean if you think about it; it makes sense. Here are a few good reasons:

1. We’ve been throwing away our money on rent for years now.
2. We’ve been together for a while now and don’t plan to split.
3. The tax break that is going on now.
4. The right priced house would be just as much as we pay in rent each month.
5. It’s always nice to call something your own.

So far we have looked at 2 houses in Russellville, 3 in Ashland and tomorrow we are going to look at some in Jeff. Hopefully soon we will find the right home for us. We don’t want to rush into anything though and find something that we may like better later. I’m more than positive that we are making the right decision.

2 comments:

  1. Jill,
    I think buying a house is a good move. Me and Ben close on our first house, or I guess I close on it since he isnt here lol, on Oct 15. I do want to tell you want my realtor told me and that was that he thinks that the tax break cut off date is going to change like the cash for clunkers did. We were going to close on Nov 1st but when i heard that I moved up the date so I knew I would get it. I dont want to scare you but you mentioned it in your blog so I thought I would pass on what I found out! Happy house hunting!!! Its so fun and exciting and cant wait to see which one you end up picking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That's nuts because someone told me the other day she thought they were going to extend it! Great! That's our luck! Well hopefully we will find a house soon and be able to close on it asap. thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete