Sunday, July 5, 2009

Grandma

Time has been flying away from me.

One of the most recent things going on is that my Grandma had a stroke. It happened a week ago and she has made little progress since, but our family's hopes are still strong.

My Grandma is 90 years old. We just recently had her birthday party which turned out wonderful. She was able to see her friends and family that she had not seen in some time now. she just told me a few weeks ago that 90 hasn't been good to her. She felt like ever since she turned 90 that she was going down hill. Now lets remember that for her age she got around good, remembered and communicated well. Now after her stroke she is unable to use her right side and is unable to speak. Eating and drinking have become a challenge.

We are sure that she knows who we are. She will hold your had and look at you. It's tough talking to her since she is unable to respond but it is good for her and may help her progress if we talk to her as though we would anyone else. We do know that she understands when we speak to her, because she was able to do some simple things like open her mouth, push on a hand and stick out her tongue when the doctor asked.

She is being a trooper and I can't even begin to imagine how she feels. Our family and friends have been hoping and praying for the best for her.

2 comments:

  1. I will keep your Grandma and your family in my prayers Jill! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Jill. You & your family are in my thoughts & I hope she will pull through this :)

    ReplyDelete