Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Heart Murmur Update

I got to thinking that I had posted about my heart murmur but never updated you all on it. Anyways this is what happened… I went in for my echocardiogram and they told me that I defiantly had a heart murmur which I already knew… the technician said that I only had one valve that wasn’t working properly and that he would be sending the results to a cardiologist to read. A few weeks later I went back to my family physician to find that my infection was gone but that I had to go to a cardiologist for my heart murmur… this appointment is next Monday, so we will have to see how it goes… Any way he said the valve that has the murmur is the one that connects my heart to my lungs. The tissue of this valve is thicker than normal which makes my valve stiff. He said I may have to have it replaced when I get older… like 50… Anyway I’m going to have to have a echocardiogram once a year now and they may put me on some medications to help the right side of my heart from having to work hard to make up for the left side… I’ll try to remember to let you know how my next appointment goes…

1 comment: