Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lasagna Bomb

While I was at work today I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner… I didn’t want it to be like last night and no one knowing what to make. Finally it hit me! I’d make lasagna. So I found a recipe online and made a grocery list. At five o’clock I headed to the store to get all the ingredients.

When I got home I got started right away! I browned the sausage and cooked the noodles and I mixed together all the other ingredients. Not paying attention to what should be mixed with what… after I had it all mixed together I realized that some of the ingredients were supposed to be mixed with the meat and the others were supposed to make a cheese mixture… I thought to myself. Oh well it’s to late now. I’ll just mix the meat in here too. Once I had it all mixed up I put the lasagna in the baking pan in the proper layers… well new layers. Now I bet your thinking that tasted like shit! Well you’re wrong! It tasted great!

We all sat down to eat and were enjoying our meal.

Matt got up to go get some parmesan cheese to put on top of his lasagna…

Next thing you know…KABOOM!

Josh and I rushed into the kitchen…

The lasagna exploded!

No I didn’t make a lasagna Bomb…

I had left the burner on from boiling the noodles and when I took the lasagna out of the over I placed it on that same burner… when Matt went into the kitchen he noticed the burner was on and turned it off and proceeded to removed the baking pan from the burner… well that’s when it happened. The glass baking pan shattered and pieces of glass flew everywhere! Needless to say no one got seconds :(

And it sure was a big mess to clean up!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! I wish that you could of taken pictures of that mess! I bet that was fun to clean up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O wow!!! That is crazy! I saw that on Jon and Kate Plus 8 once...and they had to get a new stove! So at least your stove is ok! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Grandma probably would have been pretty upset if she had to get a new stove! But I would of been excited cuz mine is sooo old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! That makes for such a great story!! I bet that was a bitch to clean up!!

    ReplyDelete