Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Resolutions

My New Year's Resolutions
I will not throw the cat out the window
Or put a frog in my sister's bed
I will not tie my brother's shoelaces together
Nor jump from the roof of Dad's shed
I shall remember my aunt's next birthday
And tidy my room once a week
I'll not moan at Mum's cooking (Ugh! fish fingers again!)
Nor give her any more of my cheek.
I will not pick my nose if I can help it
I shall fold up my clothes, comb my hair,
I will say please and thank you (even when I don't mean it)
And never spit or shout or even swear.
I shall write each day in my diary
Try my hardest to be helpful at school
I shall help old ladies cross roads (even if they don't want to)
And when others are rude I'll stay cool.
I'll go to bed with the owls and be up with the larks
And close every door behind me
I shall squeeze from the bottom of every toothpaste tube
And stay where trouble can't find me.
I shall start again, turn over a new leaf,
leave my bad old ways forever
shall I start them this year, or next year
shall I sometime, or .....?
Robert Fisher

As the new year approaches us many will be thinking of a new years resolution. Mine this year as it has been many years is to get back in shape. Not that I was ever "in" shape. I chose this new years resolution once again since our big day is coming up. I want to feel fit and look my best. Also with summer coming in few months it's always nice to feel more confident in your swimming suit. I am going to start off with counting my calories and add in some exercise a little at a time. I don't want to jump in full force or I'm afraid that I wont stick with it. I want to do the P90X again. It is such a hard work out, but I know it works so if I can stick with it then I would be super excited! Josh is supposed to be doing this with me, but we will see how that works out. He usually says he'll diet with me and then never really does.

A way that I am going to try to watch my calories is to cook low calorie dinners. There are lots of recipes on Sparks People.

Hopefully we are able to stick with it and meet our goals. We both have a number of pounds in mind that we would like to lose. Now all we have to do is get started and stay motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment